I graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University in Illustration (B.S.) in 2012.
Growing up, I loved reading, soaking in stories and allowed myself to sink into them. The result was a drive to create visual narratives to share with others. I hope to not only share scenes of what the imagination can create, but tell a story. One of my series for example, the Fear Series, tells the story of a young girl and her encounters with Fear.
List of recent freelance work, art fairs, and galleries:
- “Roots to Leaves”, logo
- Hill Country Market/Breezy Hill, in-store painting
- Mosquitoe Gallery Art and Music Fest, original, print and merchandise sales, Waukegan, IL (2013)
- Kenosha Art Association, Arts Magazine, Editorial, Digital Illustration (2013)
- July Pop-up gallery, print and merchandise sales, Kenosha, WI (2013
- Stop Breathe Believe™ Web page illustration (2013)
- “Spectrum” the Film, Developed the digital illustration for “Spectrum” for web and promotional materials (2012)
- The Good Old Summertime Art Fair, Illustration Display, Kenosha, WI Civic Center Park (2012)
- “Nanuq” the Film, Developed the one-sheet film poster using traditional media (2011)
If you’d like to contact Bess about any artwork or freelance work you can send an e-mail to:
or write to Bess on the contact page of her home website, http://bessyontz.com
If you’d like to purchase prints or other merchandise you can order them at http://society6.com/BessAYontz or click on ‘Shop’ in the left pages bar. The orders are made through Society 6 and they will ship you high quality prints, framed prints, canvas, or even pillows of Bess’ work.
Thanks for Following!